Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Picture upload on forum not working

Quote Reply
Picture upload on forum not working
I have tried 5 times to upload a picture that I had on here prior (so I know it meets requirements) and it looks like it is going through but when I check it the same picture is there as before but now it is using the demesions of the picture I was trying to upload.

Any idea as per why this happens from time to time?

EDIT:

I have even tried deleting it. Viewing the forum to make sure it is gone, then upload the new image and the old image comes back!Crazy

Edit 2:

Then I uploaded an image that was a different size and it took. Then I tried to upload the new image and it went back to the one that was there before. Then I refreshed 4 times and THERE IT WAS! The right picture.

I do not get why it was so hard to get this one done. Hmmmm...Crazy

Last edited by:

Teambldr: Aug 12, 2002, 10:03 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] Picture upload on forum not working In reply to
I've seen that before when uploading a new image - IE caches the image to death, but GForum actually goes off the new image, so you end up seeing the old image at the size of the new one.

Holding down Ctrl when you click refresh will fix it.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Picture upload on forum not working In reply to
Hi Jason,

So I should write that in the user profile area of my forum then?

"TO clear up image issue Press control while refreshing the image."

Or how should it be worded?

THanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] Picture upload on forum not working In reply to
Hi Brian,

Sure, you can add it if you feel it necessary. I think the equivelant for Netscape/Mozilla is something like Shift->Reload, but I'm not completely sure on that.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Picture upload on forum not working In reply to
I was playing with it here for about 20 minutes before I got it to work right. So if I can prevent a visitor from getting that to happen it would be a good thing.

Thanks!Cool