Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Payments other than supported

Quote Reply
Payments other than supported
Hello, gforum 1.2 has various payment systems supported but I wanted to use it with paymate (a sort of Australian version of paypal). Now its easy enough to change the templates to send off the required info to the payment system but they dont support any return page so essentially there is no automatic confirmation so gformun can record the status and update the payment log.

I can set expiry date manually from a form in admin but it would be really nice to be able to manually process the 'payments pending' that you see using the forum admin (and viewing user details) so that payments can be tracked. (eg the payments log works).

When I select the 'payments pending link' I see all the details of the payment but no way to flick the 'status' from 'pending' to 'paid'.

(ie a manual way of processing the payment status)

Am I missing something or can't this be done? I'm the unfortunate guy running mysql 4.1.0-alpha and the mysqlman part is totally screwed as far as editing tables go (see my previous posts in mysqlman forum). I suppose I could try using another table editor but doing that still wont get the logs working will it?

Thanks, great product though!

doug
Quote Reply
Re: [dougrobb] Payments other than supported In reply to
Is the mysqlman problem the same one reported here?

I'll look at adding in manual payment approval into a minor 1.2.1 update - it could be useful in some other cases, such as WorldPay, where the return confirmation request might not get through.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Payments other than supported In reply to
In Reply To:
Is the mysqlman problem the same one reported here?

Hi Jason,

Thanks looks like it probably is, certainly the table is all messed up. I'll make those changes mentioned.
doug
Quote Reply
Hi Jason,

Has that been implemented in version 1.21 ?

I am having problem with worldpay implementation as when I enable payment on signing up, the URL of the validaiton link changed to https:// and this lead the error that the page cannot be opened.

In addition, which are the files involve if I want to implement connection to other payment system ?
Quote Reply
Re: [audiauto] Payments other than supported In reply to
Yes, there is now a link when viewing payment details that allows you to manually approve a payment.

As for creating custom payment providers, what follows is a description for people familiar with Perl and/or writing plugins or modifications of GT products.

Take a look at the GForum/Payment/Remote/WorldPay.pm or PayPal.pm files for a starting point. Everything except sub postback is used for information (such as account name, password, currency, etc.). The "sub postback" is called when a postback is detected; it is responsible for detecting the type of postback (i.e. valid, failed, declined, informational, etc.) and performing the necessary database update through calling GForum::Payment::process_donation() or ::process_payment(). The actual detection happens in GT/Payment/Remote/WorldPay.pm, but there is no reason for a custom method that it couldn't happen entirely in GForum/Payment/Remote/Whatever.pm, or even in a plugin. gforum.cgi detects a postback by looking at the CGI input parameters passed to the script - the config file contains a 'postback' key in the 'payment' hash that is used to specify the incoming payment method type, then, if a postback is detected, figures out the module to load and call postback() in by looking at $CFG->{payment}->{remote}->{methods}->{METHOD_NAME}->{module} and ->{package}. The last piece of the puzzle is the admin/language.txt file which contains the name and description of the various payment fields returned by required() and optional().

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Thanks for the reply. How much will it cost if we engage your service to implement payment collect base on the payment system that works similar to Worldpay (no SSL needed).
Quote Reply
Re: [audiauto] Payments other than supported In reply to
It depends on the specific payment system and their capabilities. Contact me by e-mail and I'll check it out for you.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads