Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

New user Invalid username/password combination entered

Quote Reply
New user Invalid username/password combination entered
Hi,

I just installed gforum and everything seems too be fine except when I sign up as a new user and validate via the email, then try to sign in I get this message: "Invalid username/password combination entered ". If I then click the "Lost your password?" link, I can use the temp password to sign in and then change my password and sign in. I can't figure out why this is happening. I have already done a reinstall and am still getting the same error.

Thanks,

Lennie
Quote Reply
Re: [lennie] New user Invalid username/password combination entered In reply to
I still haven't figured this out. I am still having the same problem, and it is a problem. Need help please.

Lennie
Quote Reply
Case sensitivity?
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] New user Invalid username/password combination entered In reply to
nope, that's not the problem. I just created a new account using:

Username: sam
Password: sam

I get the validation email and click the link and get the message that my account has been validated. I then click the link to sign in; try to sign in using sam:sam and get the same error message. Now I click the forgot my password link and am sent a temp password. I now can sign in using that password. I go and edit my profile and change my password back to "sam" and again can sign in without a problem. What I can't figure out is why. I have installed this in a subdomain and thought that might be the problem, but I installed it at the root just to test it and had the same problem. . . HELP

Lennie
Quote Reply
Okay, this isn't just in your head. Suddenly I'm having the same problem.

Had a user report the issue, tested it myself and sure enough. Damn strange.

I've been running 1.2.0 for several weeks now, and now this starts up. I don't understand it.

Last edited by:

ArmyAirForces: Jul 2, 2003, 2:23 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] New user Invalid username/password combination entered In reply to
Much strangeness.

I can request a temporary password and log in that way. But not with the password of the test account I just signed up with.

Can you try the temporary password route?
Quote Reply
Yup, I can sign in with the temp password. And then, once I'm logged in, I can edit my profile and change my password back to the original "test" password, sign out and sign in again using my "new" password. Go figure. . .
Quote Reply
Are you on a Windows server or Unix? My package is hosted on a Win2K server.

I wonder if anybody else is having this problem? I think we need to get some fellow board owners to test their installations and see how wide spread this is.

I upgraded to v1.2.0 on 5-24-03, and my first complaint on this issue was reported today.
Quote Reply
I'm on a dedicated linux box running ensim as the server interface.
Quote Reply
Mine seems to be working fine. I upgraded last month (around the 10th I think) and my site is on a GT dedicated server on top of linux with mod_perl.

Dave
Quote Reply
I've verified this as a problem, and posted a fix:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=247214#247214

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com