Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

New forum suggestion

Quote Reply
New forum suggestion
I have just deleted a forum with all the threads by mistaken click. I was modifying many forums and as I was automatically clicking I made a mistake and deleted the whole forum and all the beautiful threads in it. Could you please add simple javaScript confirmation in the new forum script (just in the delete button) so this will not happen again? There is no way I could bring the forum back, is there?

Pirate

Last edited by:

modifier: Dec 20, 2004, 8:06 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [modifier] New forum suggestion In reply to
Hi modifier,

I wasn't even aware of that "Delete Record" button on the modify page - I don't think I've ever used it. That said, I've just made the change to add an alert on the modify form deletion button.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] New forum suggestion In reply to
Pirate Sorry for being the pain. I have another suggestion in to the new forum. It may not seem like it but it is very important I think. The problem I see is in post an image technique. I’m a novice user in the forum and I would never figure out how to post an image if you would not tell me. There are about 10 clicks necessary to post an image and if you don’t know what to click you don’t even see it because it’s hidden.
See my forum how I explained to my users how to post an image:
http://www.forum.ufoseek.com/gforum.cgi?post=104#104
(looks complicated for the first time user)

If posting an image would be easier users would post more pictures and the forum would be more interesting and enjoyable and it would bring users coming back often.
Pirate