Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Missing tags in french version and problem with font

Quote Reply
Missing tags in french version and problem with font
Hi,

Some tags are missing in the french version, or the tags used in the text editors (advanced and basic) don't match with the default french tags.

- Missing tags for the advanced editor (still in english...): quote, /quote, reply, /reply

- Missing tag for the basic editor: g, /g, s, /s

Other bug: When I change font and color font in advanced editor and click on the button "Aller à l'éditeur basique" ("Switch to Basir Editor"), I get this kind of error at the top of the page: DEBUG: $VAR = { 'style' => [ 'BACKGROUND-COLOR: #dde8f4', '0' ] }; DEBUG: $VAR = { 'face' => [ 'VAGRounded BT', '0' ] }; DEBUG: $VAR = { 'face' => [ 'Varsity', '0' ], 'color' => [ '#800000', '1' ] };

Guys, I'm tired to find bugs and bugs in the french version. Please try to test it all before release it. I feel like your tester these last days (see my last posts...) And please ask to someone who knows his french grammar for the french translation... I consider that you still have a really great product, but maybe you should employ testers for the international versions...

François

Last edited by:

Franco: Jun 1, 2002, 7:06 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Franco] Missing tags in french version and problem with font In reply to
I erased completely my last installation and I reinstalled a fresh french installation. I don't see anymore the bugs with the missing tags I mentioned in my last post. Maybe these bug appears only when we pass from english to the french version.

But the bug with fonts and colors fonts still there.

Thank you.

François

Oups! Bug again! I clicked on "Check Spelling" and look what I got:

"I erased completely my last installation and I reinstalled [, reinstated, reinstating, reinstates, reinstatement, reinstate, renegotiable] a fresh GT::CGI=HASH(0xa8f2c30)french GT::CGI=HASH(0xa8f2c30)installation. I don't see anymore the bug I mentionned [, mentioned, mentioners, mentioning, mentioner, mentionable, mentions] in my last post with the missing tags. Maybe these bug appears only when we pass from english to the french version.

But the bug with fonts and colors fonts still there.

Thank you.

Franç ois " [, oak, owes, oaks, ooze, ouch, okay]
Quote Reply
This is not really a bug, but I don't understand why the french version doesn't react the same way than the english version with the tags for emoticons.

When I put in the advanced editor the emoticons SmileWinkFrown and click on "Switch to Basir Editor", the markups tags of the emoticons appear correctly.

But in french version, for the same emoticons (SmileWinkFrown), we get instead in the basic editor the paths of the emoticons images (To show you the tags code, I change "img" for "img1"):

[img1]http://www.mysite.com/images/smile.gif[/img1][img1]http://www.mysite.com/images/wink.gif[/img1][img1]http://www.mysite.com/images/frown.gif[/img1]

Why? And is it possible to change that?

François

Last edited by:

Franco: Jun 1, 2002, 8:58 AM
Quote Reply
I noticed that with the little problem in the french version with the emoticons tags (see my last post), the alt texts don't appear when we put the cursor on the emoticons. Frown

François
Quote Reply
In french version 1.1.5, when I click on "Citer" ("Quote"), the script uses the tags "reply" and "/reply", but this tags are not avalaible in the default french version...

Does anybody know how to translate the tags "URL" and "/URL" with "lien" and "/lien", and the tags "email" and "/email" with "courriel" and "/courriel"?

Thank you.

François
Quote Reply
The problem in french version with the function "Citer" ("Quote") still there in 1.1.7 (see my previous post and the attachment file). I pointed out this problem for the version 1.1.5... Mad

François