Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

How to upgrade from 1.1.8 to 1.2.0

Quote Reply
How to upgrade from 1.1.8 to 1.2.0
I want to upgrade our forum from 1.1.8 to 1.2.0, but I haven't been able to find any instructions on how exactly to do that. Our only reason for upgrading is to take advantage of the Sticky Posts feature.

From what I can tell, all I need to do is upload the install.dat and install.cgi files into the /admin folder on the server and run the install.cgi file?

Do I need to remove those two files from the server after I run the install.cgi file?

Will our template files be overwritten when I run the install.cgi file? Will I have to make any manual modifications to templates after the upgrade in order to use the Sticky Post feature?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [Boogaloo] How to upgrade from 1.1.8 to 1.2.0 In reply to
Hi,

You've got it correct. Your templates won't get overwritten (as long as you didn't manually edit them in the tempaltes directory, but rather used the web editor, or saved your changes in the local directory).

You may need to update the templates after installation to show the Sticky links to make something sticky. Included in the admin is detailed list of all the template changes.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.