Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Gateway page for viewing attachments

Quote Reply
Gateway page for viewing attachments
Heya all,

I run a community site with more than 20,000 registered skydivers. Being skydivers, the group is more diverse than a bag of "All Sorts". People often post nude pictures of themselves, their girlfriends, themselves and their girlfriends, their neighbor's wife or daughter, the milk man... well, you get the idea. (yes, we're skydivers!)

Anyways, some people are offended when they click on an attachment to be greeted by somebody's... umm... stuff! So here's the question:

Has anyone thought of, or can you think of a way to create a "gateway" page for opening some attachments? I would like to add a checkbox where users can indicate upon posting that an attachment has adult content. When users then subsequently click on that specific attachment I would like to serve a page warning them that the attachment they are about to view contains adult content. This page can have a simple link on that says "Click here to view"

This places the responsibility on the viewer to moderate what they see themselves.

I would like the gateway page to be server only for those attachments marked as "adult". For al others the attachment will still be opened directly as is currently the case.

Any help or advice will be appreciated. Smile

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
Re: [sangiro] Gateway page for viewing attachments In reply to
** Bump **

Anyone? Smile

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
** Bump **

Anyone? Anyone? Beuler...Beuler... Wink

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
I expect some javascript could make a popup or a temp page for that.

I do not program in javascript, though.

I once did mangle a script so that a temporary page was built by javascript, though!

If you come up with that, I'd love to see it in action!
Quote Reply
Hi,

Try something along these lines;

Where the attachment link is (in the tempaltes), change it to something like;

<a href="#" onclick="goto_attachment('URL HERE')">

..and then add a javascript routine, similar to...

Code:
<script>
function goto_attachment(url) {
if (confirm('Are you sure you want to view this attachment?')) window.location.href = url;
}
</script>

Nothing amazing.. but it should work :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!