Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Duplicate posts and archive.pl failure mode

Quote Reply
Duplicate posts and archive.pl failure mode
Crazy Anyone have any bright ideas on how to delete multiple copies of multiple posts? Smile...or better yet... just like the 'delete old posts'... is there a way to 'delete all NEW posts' after a certain date. WinkSo you'd be able to clear all messages from a particular Forum and leave them only up to.. a particluar date.

UnimpressedAny ideas?

UnsureOtherwise I'm going to have to go in and delete 25 some copies of 300+ messages each, that the mailarc plugin has been apparently 'looping' and delivering to the Forum. ShockedThe archive.pl apparently has been choking on anything over 10-20 messages at a time. The email account has 350 messages sitting there waitng to be snatched by the archive.pl program, but it's no longer pullling in mail. It seems to be duplicating posts, and incrementing post count totals, but they are not any new posts after 7/8/02. Just duplicate messages.

HELP!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: [ptegler] Duplicate posts and archive.pl failure mode In reply to
Smile Ok... an update... the last post date on the catagory view shows the correct up to date posting date. (todays date) with the proper author of that message. But go int othe Forum, the last post is July 8,2002 (not today 7/19/02) the pagination

goes up to 67 pages... no way.... up to like page 27 has posts and that's it.

Unimpressed HELP! cna the db be purged of posts AFTER a particular date?..leaving just the old stuff from before this mailarc failure?

I also got hte following error on screen during one such execution of the mailarc script (on screen)
-------------------------------

"my" variable $table masks earlier declaration in same scope at MailArc.pm line 155.

"my" variable $time masks earlier declaration in same scope at MailArc.pm line 448.

Name "GT::Mail::error" used only once: possible typo at MailArc.pm line 60.

MailArc.pm syntax OK