Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Binary
When I make a post, sometimes when I hit my back button, I get a white page full of binary garbage. Any ideas why?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Binary In reply to
Yeah, I had that once and I was able to reproduce during the same session several times by doing a back. Fairly spooky I thought while I was at trying to figure out what was going on Shocked...

John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Binary In reply to
I've also seen that before - I suspect it has something to do with IE + the advanced editor screwing up, but I'm not certain.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Binary In reply to
Is this what you're referring to? I was using the basic editor, not advanced.

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
Re: [ellipsiiis] Binary In reply to
Yup, that's it. It was on our forum here, right?

In Reply To:

I was using the basic editor, not advanced.

Uh oh - that means it isn't the advanced editor. Frown

Perhaps it's the gzipping messing up (not sending the proper gzip header, perhaps?). In truth, I really have no clue at all where this is coming from.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Binary In reply to
I think it's a mod_gzip issue, yes. I've seen this on our corporate site a few times and the webhost there use mod_gzip.

However, I nailed it down to a problem with our web cache (Squid) not preserving headers correctly, but I'm not sure. I googled a lot for this and there seemed to be an issue with earlier versions of Squid not preserving headers it didn't understand correctly and one of those being the gzipped header.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Binary In reply to
I've also witness this issue with mod_gzip as an intermittent problem.

The developers claim the problem is usually confined to IE5+ but suggested clearing any leftover files as defined in the: 'mod_gzip_temp_dir' path then restarting Apache.

~ ERASER

Free JavaScripts @ Insight Eye