Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Advanced Editor buttons crunched into one pile

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Advanced Editor buttons crunched into one pile In reply to
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright, as a start, open up editor.js (from the "common" template set) and look for a line:
Code
innerInterval = setInterval("initInnerIFrame()", 100);

Am I looking in the wrong place? I don't see any such file in "User Templates">"Common Template" ... no editor.js for me!

I wrote a long reply in the message above that didn't bother to print my reply after the quote (hopefully that will be fixed in v.2) ... it did it in this post too.

When I tried resizing, all it did was put the scrunched buttons on one line. I'd also like to point out that I get those scrunched buttons in Netscape too!

Steve

Visit The Guitar Diner
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Advanced Editor buttons crunched into one pile In reply to
OK. I made all of the recommended changes. I changed

Code:
innerInterval = setInterval("initInnerIFrame()", 100);

to 5000 then tested it. It worked. So I made the other changes and changed the 5000 back to 200. Didn't work. So I changed the 200 to 1000. Worked. Bumped it down to 500. Worked. Bumped it down to 300. Still works. Bumped it down to 200 just to see if it would still work. Nope. 200 was too fast. So I set it at 300 and that's where it seems to be working.

I will close and open the browser a few times and see if it still works. If not, I'll be back. If it does then let me thank you in advance for your help in resolving this. If you need any specifics from my set up contact me offline. Maybe there is some odd combination on my end. Who knows. Thanks.

Richard Bilger
RBilger@MERGINET.com
MERGINET.com: Emergency Responders Web Site
http://www.merginet.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Boomer] Advanced Editor buttons crunched into one pile In reply to
I noticed something yesterday. Up until then, I still had the scrunched up button problem occuring in 80% or more of the times I try to reply on our fourm

The day before yesterday, I finally got DSL and, voila, no more scrunched buttons.

It certainly is odd and I hope it will be addrressed in the next version.

Do we have an ETA for v.2 yet?

Steve

Visit The Guitar Diner
Quote Reply
Re: [RBilger] Advanced Editor buttons crunched into one pile In reply to
A fix I found for this is to just add a window.onload handler, right below the window.onresize handler in the editor.js template file. This seems to fix the problem, let me know if it works for you.

Code:
window.onresize = tb_layout; // look for this line
window.onload = toolbarInit; // insert this line

Joe
--
Christianity.com Forums
Quote Reply
Re: [joet] Advanced Editor buttons crunched into one pile In reply to
actually, i found a better fix... which is to use

Code:

window.onload = initOuterIFrame;

instead... and then in the <iframe> take out the onload=initOuterIFrame attribute. what this does is it'll start the advanced editor rendering process once everything has been completely downloaded.

Joe
--
Christianity.com Forums
> >