Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Development, Plugins and Globals :

luna template css - to GForums users

Quote Reply
luna template css - to GForums users
I keep reading posts and complaints about how GT needs to inform us about the development of GForum2, and create a luna template, etc... (although this is true!)

Can't anyone with basic html and css experience create it themselves? Perl and the programming backbone of GForum should have nothing to do with why it is not available. It is the users who complain about it, but do create it themselves. Granted, there are ample files to go through and create this. My excuse, I don't have the time. Am I missing something?

Anyone agree? Anyone who has already taken the time want to post their files? I image someone has made their templates css oriented.

Right?...?

- Jonathan
Quote Reply
Re: [jdgamble] luna template css - to GForums users In reply to
Am I missing something here? Why do you need to create it when it already exists?

I've just added <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/static/luna/luna.css" title="luna"> to my forum templates.

Like I said, am I missing something here? Is it not a simple as that? I'm no expert in these matters but it works for me. Cool
Quote Reply
Re: [MJB] luna template css - to GForums users In reply to
Because luna.css is created for GLinks, not for GForum. You need to configure all of the classes to coninside with all of GForums tables etc. Imagine if all of the globals in GForum that say font colors were replaced with one style.css file that configures every table bgcolor, font style, borders, etc.

Sure, when included, luna.css with change the basic body and overall font style, but that doesn't make the template fully css based. Forum already includes a style sheet containing basic link styles.

I'm just wondering why someone has not gone through all of the templates and created one.

- Jonathan