Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Mailarch plugin issues
The plugin is great, but could be better Wink

1. It creates users in the database. Even for people who already exist in the database. What's the catch? It would be great if the plugin would recognise users (email adresses), and then use the user names instead of the email adresses.

2. If email adresses are long, the layout tables go beserk. Maybe

3. Is it possible to add a "make links linkable" function?
Quote Reply
Re: [gotze] Mailarch plugin issues In reply to
Hi,

1. This is by design. It's not meant for mixing forum accounts/posting via email. The reason for this is it doesn't implement any security on the username. For instance if I changed my mailer to send mail from your email address, I could make posts under your username. Does this make sense? I'd be interested to hear how you'd like to see this work.

2. Yes, we reduced the font size for the username and "spam protected it" on the demo.

3. We'll look at adding this in.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Mailarch plugin issues In reply to
1. It makes sense, yes. I wonder how egroups solves this? Incidentally, I'd like to have a seamless integration between a forum and a mailinglist, much like egroups, but better Smile
In my case, I use the archive for private lists, so the security issue is actually hypothetical.

2. OK, good idea. How did you do that?

3. Great Wink

Cheers,
John
Quote Reply
Does anyone else use the plugin?

I sure could use a filter to make URL linkable. Any suggestions?

John
Quote Reply
I have actually made the modification to the plugin to work as you have described in #1 (doesn't create username and finds if registered user). I can give you the code if you wish.

Dave