Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Can administrator manage the forum through email ?

Quote Reply
Can administrator manage the forum through email ?
i wish the forum administrator to receive an email each time a new post is added.

best would be to receive an email with the contain of the new post and not only the title.

also i wonder if it is possible for administrator to valid or delete a new post through email or maybe the new post would be validated and appear in the forum only if the administrator confirms its validation.
Quote Reply
Re: [jigme] Can administrator manage the forum through email ? In reply to
I don't like to push GForum v2 features, since I can't offer any sort of timeline on it - but both things you hit on here are potential GForum 2 features.

I've got a very simply, not-very-configurable plugin aptly-named "EmailJason" that sort of does this. Basically, any post you make into the Gossamer Forum: Discussion forum is e-mailed directly to me, as an HTML-only e-mail, with (most) Markup converted into HTML. It has a few bugs and annoyances, and is not very efficient or flexible. I've been using it since about last August, and I find it quite a useful feature.

So, the short answer is no, there is no built-in functionality to do this. However, such a feature will probably (no promises) be present in version 2, as an administrator/moderator-only option.

Post validation is not supported at all now, and I don't think it would be an easy task to add it to version 1. It will be supported in version 2. It is highly doubtful, however, that there will ever be an ability to control Gossamer Forum's administrator or moderator functionality through e-mail. An e-mail notification of posts awaiting validation obviously will be there, in one form or another.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com