Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Anyone care to tackle a simple (hopefully) plugin?

Quote Reply
Anyone care to tackle a simple (hopefully) plugin?
We'd like to have one forum devoted to reviews, in our case, guitars and related electonics, etc.

We'd like to be able to set the forum so that a member can post his/her review but others can't reply to the review.

If people want to discuss the review, that's what our main forum is for.

According to a highly placed GT coder/designer, this should be a simple plugin, but I have trouble editing posts, so nothing is simple for me!

Hopefully this plugin might be useful for more folks than just me.

Thanks for any thoughts/plugins.

Steve

Visit The Guitar Diner
Quote Reply
Re: [Boomer] Anyone care to tackle a simple (hopefully) plugin? In reply to
Hi,

In include_post_display.html, you can simply put around the links «Quote» and «Reply» this tag:

Code:

<%ifnot forum_id=x%>Links «Quotes» and «Reply»...
<%else%>
Can't post
<%endifnot%>

Change 'x' by the id of your forum.

Of course, it's not the perfect solution, since someone who knows "well" Gossamer Forum could easily go around it. But for 99,99% of your users, there is no reason to be worry. Wink

Let me know what you think of that.

François
Quote Reply
Re: [Franco] Anyone care to tackle a simple (hopefully) plugin? In reply to
Thanks, Francois, but as I mentioned, I'm an idiot, thus the request for a plugin rather than code.

Also, it seems (and remember, I'm an idiot so I'm just guessing) that would affect all forums, not just the one we want to use for reviews.

Steve

Visit The Guitar Diner
Quote Reply
Re: [Boomer] Anyone care to tackle a simple (hopefully) plugin? In reply to
It will affect only the forum indicated by the id ('x').

Send me in private your include_post_display.html (admin/templates/default/include_post_display.html) template and the id of the forum in which you want to active this system and I will do the change for you.

François Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [Franco] Anyone care to tackle a simple (hopefully) plugin? In reply to
Ok, it looks like Francois did a wonderful job and the bit of code does just what I need, however, now lets make it a bit more complex ....

Is there a way to force this one particular forum to post the threads in alphabetical order based on the title? That would be very cool as it is going to be a database of sorts ... and it is a database anyway, right?

Thanks Francois!

Steve

Visit The Guitar Diner