Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer AutoRespond : Pre Sales :

sGossamer Autorespond HTML/Text Capabilities

Quote Reply
sGossamer Autorespond HTML/Text Capabilities
Hello guys,

My apologies if this is not the correct forum for this thread but I didn't see one specifically for Autorespond.

I shall shortly be preparing an email campaign for a new site, and wish to promote to email addresses that I have collected through an existing site.

However, as I don't know whether they're HTML or Text respondants, I'd like to send an email that contains both and lets the email client decide which to display. I know this is possible and reliable through a Cold Fusion powered email system that I've used.

SO - first question - can autorespond handle HTML/Text emails together - ie. one email that is interpreted client end as text or HTML as appropriate.

Second question - can Autorespond put images inline. I know that the CF_AdvancedEmail tag does this and it shouldn't be hard to create the Perl equivalent if you can. This is a very useful feature, as the HTML emails can then be read offline.

FINALLY - the purpose of my particular campaign (and I suspect many other people will have a similar use) is to get people to join my site. I would like the ability to send follow ups via Autorespond until they have actually joined the site - eg. their email address is in my Members table.

I could run a bespoke script myself to compare the two databases once a day and remove emails from Autorespond which are in my Members table, but it would be nice if you guys could think about this use.

ANYWAY - that's my feedback - would love that functionality and await your response.

Kind Regards,

Ross Williams

Servicepals.com is an online community for serving and retired military men and women. Visit us at http://www.servicepals.com. Development by Rawnet Limited
Quote Reply
Re: [servicepals] sGossamer Autorespond HTML/Text Capabilities In reply to
Hi,

Currently, Gossamer AutoRespond only sends either HTML or Text messages, not both.

We will be updating it very soon so that when you compose a followup, you can do one HTML version, and one text version, and inline images will be supported.

So, no you can't do this now, but it's high on the todo list and will be available in the next release. We'll also look at providing some docs on how you could auto-stop users who join your site (either via a code snippet, or a URL).

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] sGossamer Autorespond HTML/Text Capabilities In reply to
HI Alex,

Hokay, that's good to hear. Have you got a rough time plan of the next release?

Weeks or months - I have a four week window from mid-May to mid-June where I will require this functionality and would need to develop inhouse if such functionality wasn't available. I've been very pleased with Gossamer products and want to continue, but would only be able to wait so long.

Any rough ideas?

Cheers for now,

Ross

Servicepals.com is an online community for serving and retired military men and women. Visit us at http://www.servicepals.com. Development by Rawnet Limited
Quote Reply
Re: [servicepals] sGossamer Autorespond HTML/Text Capabilities In reply to
Hi,

Within 4 weeks, probably sooner.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] sGossamer Autorespond HTML/Text Capabilities In reply to
Hi Alex,

Great - sounds good - that's everything I'll need.

Shall look out for it around mid-May time.

Many thanks,

Ross