Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer AutoRespond : Discussion :

Access denied for user: 'root@localhost'

Quote Reply
Access denied for user: 'root@localhost'
I have installed Autores, but can't seem to get passed the "SQL Server Settings" portion of autores.cgi.

I keep getting the following message regardless what I enter as my username (mugdock or root).

Quote:
Could not connect to database. Reason: Access denied for user: 'mugdock@localhost' (Using password: YES)

I have already searched the forum for possible reasons (MySQL residing on a different server being the most common)

So, I checked with my host to check the location of the MySQL server ("mysql server runs on the same physical machine as the web server"), and how to connect to it ("The only way to connect to mysql on the server is to use "localhost" as the server [I think he meant the Hostname]. The userid should be mugdock and whichever password you select when setting up your database.")

Any comment, suggestions, help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jon
Jon D. Graham
AutoRespond-It!

Quote Reply
Re: [Mugdock] Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' In reply to
That's probably an error right of the DBI module so it still probably has something to do with the SQL configuration. Confirm that the proper username/password are being used along with the proper database name. If you have ssh/telnet access to your server, try the following command at the prompt

Code:
mysql -umugdock -p yourdatabasename

If the mysql client binaries have been setup on your system, you should then be asked to enter your password. If you manage to login and all the values in the SQL Server Setting panel are the same, let me know.
Quote Reply
Re: [Aki] Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' In reply to
Thanks.

I don't know what I (or my host) did, but it works now.

I just can't telnet to my server now (no connection is made) to run cron.

Thanks for the help, though.

Jon
Jon D. Graham
AutoRespond-It!