Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Pre Sales :

delete other post in demo

Quote Reply
delete other post in demo
Hi,

In the demo of Dbman SQL, when logging in as a guest, I can modify and delete the entries of the other guests. At least I can see them. Is this correct? Because I thought when logging in whith my (guest/agent) loginname and password, I would only see the entries I own. (in dbman it was...)

Regards,

Foton
Quote Reply
Re: [Foton] delete other post in demo In reply to
>>
In the demo of Dbman SQL, when logging in as a guest, I can modify and delete the entries of the other guests.
<<

>>
At least I can see them.
<<

So can you delete them or just see them?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] delete other post in demo In reply to
When I login I see the modify and delete link. When I click on the link it shows all the records. I cannot actually delete/modify them because deleting or modifying is disabled in the demo.

But when I login with my login/pass, I thought I would only see the record owned by me? (as in dbman flatfile).

Last edited by:

Foton: Jun 8, 2002, 4:54 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Foton] delete other post in demo In reply to
You will be able to modify/view your own records if the auth_modify_own/auth_view_own is set 'Yes', otherwise you can access all records in database. Take a look at Admin - Tables - Setup for more details.

TheStone.

B.
Quote Reply
Re: [TheStone] delete other post in demo In reply to
Ahaaaa, I see. That's why. Thanks for the hint.

BTW, it would be nice if there was a horizontal ruler in the Authorization Options between the variables. Just to make sure I would not pick the wrong radiobutton...
(yes, I'm wearing my pair of glasses Crazy)

Last edited by:

Foton: Jun 10, 2002, 3:29 PM