Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

scale down version

Quote Reply
scale down version
I am wondering if I can make a simplied version for the search page by not letting users use the search option. I have try top comments the sub html_search_option in html.pl file by it does not work.

PLEASE ADVICE.
Quote Reply
Re: scale down version In reply to
If you don't want to use the "match any" "keyword" or other of the search options, just remove

&html_search_options;

from html_view_search

You can also remove it from html_delete_search and html_modify_search.

If you want to only be able to search on a few fields instead of all of them, copy the html_record_form and paste it as another subroutine. Call the new one

sub html_search_form

Delete all the fields you don't want included on the search form. In html_view_search, change

&html_record_form();

to

&html_search_form();

You can do the same in html_delete_search and html_modify_search.

You say you want the results displayed in alphabetical order. You'll have to state which field you want the records to be sorted by.

In your html_search_form, you can add a hidden field to set the field to sort by.

<input type="hidden" name="sb" value="1">

Change the 1 above to the number of the field you sort by.

The default sort order is ascending, so you don't have to worry about that.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
I'm afraid I don't understand exactly what you want to do.

Do you want to make a search form that is scaled down from the basic form? Or do you not want users to be able to search at all?

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
I have a question on this - I would like a shorter version of the search - we don't need the "Match Any, Case, Whole Words, Reg. Expression, or Keyword" - I know that I can probably just remove this.

This is what I would like to happen - I type into the specific fields what it is I am looking for - and then when I click on the "View" button - the results returned would be in Alphabetical order without having to use the "ascending, descending" order.

I hope I explained that right.
Quote Reply
JPD - thanks for your help ! I am really liking this DBman !!