Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Stuck after pasting the code from JPD's DBman Configuratur in html.pl

Quote Reply
Stuck after pasting the code from JPD's DBman Configuratur in html.pl
Error Message : Error loading required libraries.
Check that they exist, permissions are set correctly and that they compile.
Reason: Missing right bracket at C:/Inetpub/scripts/dbman/html.pl line 1420, at end of line
syntax error at C:/Inetpub/scripts/dbman/html.pl line 1420, at EOF
-------------------
This is the cut from html.pl with the line 1420:
</center>
</form>
</body>
</html>
|;
} #this is Line 1420

##########################################################
## Misc ##
##########################################################

sub html_unkown_action {
# --------------------------------------------------------
# The program received a command it did not recognize.

Don't know how to continue, what's going wrong ?
Quote Reply
Re: Stuck after pasting the code from JPD's DBman Configuratur in html.pl In reply to
Other users have experienced problems with this. I would recommend searching this forum and the Discussion Forum for Threads related to your problem. I believe there was a solution posted in Threads in both Forums.

Regards.

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Re: Stuck after pasting the code from JPD's DBman Configuratur in html.pl In reply to
Thank you very much for the tip, I found the "missing right bracket" thread.
It's the first time I worked with perl scripts and I must say it's not so difficult as espected. With your help and the help of this board I think I will solve my job to build a membership database for our sailsport organisation.
One question, before I continue: Is it possible to get a records display as a table and then import/export them with MS Accesss or Excel ? I want to display as many as possible records on one site.

Thanks one more time for your patience and I wish you and the whole staff a merry chrismas from ol' germany.
regards, godie
Quote Reply
Yes, it is....Again search the Discussion Forum. This has been discussed before. Now that you have DBMAN up and running, please defer all future questions about modifying DBMAN to the Discussion Forum. The Installation Forum is only for getting assistance on initial installs.

BTW: I do not work with Gossamer Threads. I am a DBMAN user who volunteers his time to assist other DBMAN users.

Regards.

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
I jsut went through a few hours with the missing bracket error message.. The missing bracket is not at the end of the html.pl file as reported in the error message

It is at the end of the bit you cut and pasted into the file from the configurator stuff.
Add a closing bracket there and it should solve your problem
kirby