Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Problems with install

Quote Reply
Problems with install
I have installed the demo version of dbman on my server, set the definitions, configuration and permissions and everything was fine. I just wanted to see if it would work on the server and I wanted to test to see if I could install it correctly.

However, now that I have done that I wanted to create my own database of information.

I changed only the database definitions, database select fields where needed, and the html file to reflect the changes. Oh, I also changed the default.db so that it was cleared of any old entries from the demo.

Now I am getting this 500 Internal Error?
(i.e. Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@citysingles.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.)

I have gone over the code about ten times and I am pulling my hair out. I can't figure out what is wrong...

The code is at http://www.citysingles.net/cgi-bin/dbman and the files are still named default.

Anyone have any ideas?

C

Quote Reply
Re: Problems with install In reply to
Umm... You need to make those files to .txt extension before anyone can help you debug what is wrong.

Julian