Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Internal Error?

Quote Reply
Internal Error?
I just installed DBMan, and I thought I did everything right (this is the second time I've done this...) - but it doesn't work. I keep getting the following message:

DBMan encountered an internal error. Please enable debugging to view.

But - I have debugging enabled in the cfg file - and I can't figure out what's wrong, or why it isn't recognizing that debugging is on.

Help? Unsure

- Jean.
Quote Reply
Re: [kizzlegirl] Internal Error? In reply to
Apologies, wrong error message addressed in my earlier reply.

If there is no display other than the error message, the culprit is most oftentimes an incorrect path to perl.

Check the top line in db.cgi (#!/path/to/perl) and make sure that line has the correct path for your server.

Secondmost problem, fields in default.cfg and html.pl file not matching up. The form in html.pl must have the same fields as the database config file. Fields you do not want seen by the user should be in "hidden" input statements.

~ Karen

Last edited by:

Karen: Feb 14, 2002, 7:51 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Karen] Internal Error? In reply to
Thanks Karen. :)

I actually got it working about ten minutes ago; it turns out I did something wrong on the .cfg file - even though I'm not entirely sure what.

Thanks for the info about the hidden field, though. I'm sure I'd be about to get confounded all over again if you hadn't mentioned that. :)

- Jean.
Quote Reply
Re: [kizzlegirl] Internal Error? In reply to
You're welcome. Pleased to hear you've been able to work out the problem.

~ Karen