Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Installation problems on subdomain

Quote Reply
Installation problems on subdomain
Hi there,

I'm having problems installing & setting up DBMan on a sub-domain (data.cpfusion.com - linux). I have changed and uploaded all the files as directed in the tutorial @ JPDeni.com, but whenever I link to the database http://data.cpfusion.com/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi all I see is the cgi text in the browser window.

The sub-domain is hosted on a Fasthosts Linux account, the main domain is hosted on a Fasthosts Windows 2003 account.

I'd appreciate any help anyone can give, thanks.

cp:fusion
Quote Reply
Re: [cpfusion] Installation problems on subdomain In reply to
Quote:
all I see is the cgi text in the browser window

To me this indicates that the server is not *executing* the script. It's not seeing the script as a program, but instead it's seeing it as a text file.

Check your permission setting on the folder and on the files themselves. You may have to contact someone at the hosting company to configure some stuff as well.

I don't have any experience on Windows server configuration so I'm sorry I couldn't help more.
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] Installation problems on subdomain In reply to
Quote:
sorry I couldn't help more

No problem Watts, I eventually got it working, after scouring my hosts' forums, I had to use a different way of writing the path to the script, I had the path relatively coded as apposed to absolutely, do'h, thanks anyway! Wink