Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

DBman getting started very basic

Quote Reply
DBman getting started very basic
I have recently downloaded DBman and am trying to get it running using default dbase BUT... cannot seem to get it to run , can i run it on stand alone PC using netscape as my browser?. DBman files are in C:\dbman. and perl is in C:\perl. I have followed setup as in readme.txt. ie. db.cgi path set to c:\perl. and default.cfg $db_dir_url set to file:///c:\dbman is this correct . if not what am i doing wrong???
Quote Reply
Re: DBman getting started very basic In reply to
If you are running this locally on your Personal PC, you need to have the DBMAN files in the /cgi-bin/ directory of your local web server (like Ximati, WebSite1.1., Apache, etc.).

If you are running DBMAN on a remote NT server, you need to have your files in the appropriate Web directory (C:\InetPub\wwwroot\mywebsite\cgi-bin\dbman\).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Re: DBman getting started very basic In reply to
hi,
i have now loaded a web server "apache" and have loaded 'dbman' files in cgi-bin, as
g:\osd-rota\apache\cgi-bin\dbman
my perl file is at c:\winnt\perl\bin
i have tried all possible combinations for db.cgi and default.cfg. but cannot get demo to run? i do get the db.cgi file shown as a text file on my browser when running file:///g|\osd-rota\apache\dbman\db.cgi..
any help would be appreciated....
regards
paul,

------------------
paul.a.hood.