Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Cant get Dbman to work!!

Quote Reply
Cant get Dbman to work!!
I think I've installed dbman correctly as per the readme file, but something is wrong. I've put all the files in a dbman folder in the cgi-bin is this right? I'm not sure how you link to the database, the link I've tried is /cgi-bin/db.cgi?uid=default and /cgi-bin/db.cgi?db=default. | keep getting a Forbiddin message. I've tried moving the db.cgi into the main folder but it just opens the file as text and you see all the code on the browsers.
Quote Reply
Re: Cant get Dbman to work!! In reply to
The Forbidden message is caused by a misconfiguration of your cgi-bin directory. Check your .htaccess file in your ROOT directory and see if there are any commands that relate to the cgi-bin directory.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
Thankyou Eliot for your quick reply, I know we've got a bit of a time gap here it's now 1.20am sat in england and I've just checked to see if I've had a reply. I'm new to cgi and the web. How do I check the .htaccess? do I have to contact my web provider? sorry. I've just tried moving the dbman directory to the main folder to see if that works when I access the4 db.cgi it just brings up the code. I've left it in the main directory can you check it? to see what I've done wrong
http://www.tps-merchandising.co.uk/dbman.
I can't wait to use dbman as the rest seams right up my street
Quote Reply
My recommendation is that you look at your hosting company's documentation related to setting up custom cgi scripts in your account...because it seems to be a server misconfiguration on either your part of your hosting company.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center