Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

weird confirmation screen results

Quote Reply
weird confirmation screen results
Here's the problem:

Logged in as admin > add record > "record successfully added" with all data fields filled properly.

Logged in as user > add record > "record successfully added" but all data fields are blank.

Never the less in both cases the records are added to the db as I can list all and view the new records.

I've looked for several hours now in the discussion forums and can find nothing. Can someone please help me with this? I'll give you any information you need. Thankyou. THANKYOU!

Michael

Quote Reply
Re: weird confirmation screen results In reply to
just a bit more info to go on.

If a user is given "admin access" the confirmation screen is produced properly.

Still clueless as to why this is happening. uuuugghhh!

Quote Reply
help....

Quote Reply
I'm getting really desperate here. I've been working on this thing for monthsCrazy and before I go ahead and rebuild the whole thing from scratch it would be great to know if i have a dot or a slash out of place. The problem seems so simple...

When an admin adds a record the conformation screen is perfect. When anybody who is not an admin adds a record the conformation screen says "record added" but all the fields are empty.

If anybody has any ideas I would be so grateful.
Mike

Quote Reply
Just as a starting point for somewhere to go... have you set any of your fields so that only admin has permission to view them?

Another question,

You said when you add a record with the "USER" id, you can add, but you get no confirmation screen.. have you tried using the autogenerate feature to see what if anything shows up? can you VIEW the record using the USER id? or can you only view using the ADMIN id?

Conor Treacy
-----
www.HandsonWebDesign.com
Quote Reply
I'll ask a stupid question, but have you made any modifications to html_view_success in html.pl or add_record in db.cgi? If so, what were they? If not, you likely have some weird interaction with permissions.

Quote Reply
Oldmoney and Leprechaun,

Thanks for your replies! After putting the thing down for a few days and looking at it again I was able to find out the problem (or at least what I think was the problem).

In my default.cfg, I had set:

$auth_modify_own = 1;

but had

$auth_user_field = -1;

when infact I needed to define the userid of the owner of the record in this variable.

Thanks for your help anyway.