Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

uploaded files are all zero k

Quote Reply
uploaded files are all zero k
I have added the single image upload mod and it seems to work at least partly. I want to upload .pdf files instead of images and have found a few references to them in the forum, but no similar problems. When I upload a file to my server, a file appears in the proper directory, and the info gets added to my database, but all the files on my server are 0kb and I get the file contained no data message from the browser. Any ideas? Thanks

Quote Reply
Re: uploaded files are all zero k In reply to
Just guessing here but did you set the file size to be large enough to allow the file to be saved?

$MAXIMUM_UPLOAD = 50000;
and also define the pdf within this line?

$ALLOWED_EXT = '\.gif$|\.jpg$';

If not, I would just be sure that you followed all the instructions carefully and recheck all the lines of coding.

I'm sorry I could not be of more help

Unoffical DBMan FAQ
http://webmagic.hypermart.net/dbman/
Quote Reply
I tried another upload script which worked for me, so I know my server has what it needs to allow this. And after thinking it over a little, I realize I changed some of the references in the mod to match records in my db. I thought I did it correctly but I suspect that is where my problem is, and I will be changing them all back to the original names. Thanks for the suggestion though, I did change the $MAXIMUM_UPLOAD to 0 because I wanted to disable size checking. Maybe I misunderstood the instructions. I'll change that to something other than 0 to see if that helps. I did add the .pdf file extension to the list though :). BTW, thanks for the Unoffical DBMan FAQ. I have used it quite a few times, and have found it to be very helpfull!

Quote Reply
well no luck, I have reinstalled the mod with the same results, I will try the multi file upload mod. Any comments are welcome!

Quote Reply
Doh!
you can make something fool resistant, but never fool proof!
Maybe the fact that I had two fields named "filename" on my
html form had something to do with my problems.
Ya Think? After I renamed one, it worked like a charm.
Had that little epiphany on the freeway on the way home yesterday. Blush

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Doh!
you can make something fool resistant, but never fool proof!
Welcome to the club! LOL Pleased to hear you've identified the problem.

Quote Reply
Yes, welcome to the club Smile
It is good though when we can find what we did wrong and have a good laugh.

And so nice when we get it all up and running.

Unoffical DBMan FAQ
http://webmagic.hypermart.net/dbman/