Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

upload but no file is there!

Quote Reply
upload but no file is there!
I am able to get the record added and also upload a file and get a success message. But no image shows! So I went on the server and there is a file each time for each uploaded image (1.jpg, 2.gif, 3.gif etc) but the file size is 0(zero) The directories are chmod 777. What could the problem be? Any help much appreciated.

Quote Reply
Re: upload but no file is there! In reply to
Hi,

Ensure that your form is mutl-part form
or
the temporary directory where the uploaded file is store, has enough space

regards,

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
Not sure i know what you mean... I know this used to work then I moved it to a different server. Is there a temp directory needed? I think it just uploads to a directory where it stays. It goes there but the file size says zero...
Quote Reply
I still have no solution to this problem. Has this really never happened before that you get a success message and the uploaded file is there but is a zero file size? If anyone knows what I can do to allow the file to actually be uploaded properly, please let me know!

Quote Reply
This error has appeard for others but I'm not sure what the solution was.

You can search the forum for threads related to using this mod, or check the FAQ noted below under "Images" and you may find the solution.

Hope this helps

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/
Quote Reply

Thanks for the link. I have searched and searched. I will read through this FAQ. Thanks again!

Quote Reply

well, there is no mention of this problem there. I guess I should feel honoroed to be chosen for this unique distinction... Thanks for trying to help.

Quote Reply
$50 In reply to
ok... a $50 paypal to the first to solve my problem. I am SOOOOO serious.

Quote Reply
Re: $50 In reply to
hehe ... donate your money to a charity or to Lois's unoffical FAQ ...

would you either provide text files on your server or at last post part of the code that you've changed... possibly it's a simple error ...

We'll be able to help you more from there. ummm... I hope it's not a server related problem.

good luck

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
It is not code related. It worked at one time and nothing was changed in the coding.... moved to another server and now it does this weird zero file size thing and says "upload successful". If it is something that someone knows about (a setting on the server or missing module on the server) my offer still stands if you clue me in about what to do. I will donate it or whatever... I just really need to know what to do!
Thanks!

Quote Reply
do you run your own server? or host?
also what kind of server are you on?

hmmm ... I really think it's a server thing ...

are these img files or text ???

is your db fried?

Quote Reply
I think it's a server thing too. the server is unix...
these are images I place there with the upload module. Everything is great, get a success message and then the image doesn't show up. When I checked to see why, the images are a zero file size. This is on a friend's site and I help him... he thinks the web host is sabotaging him. What could they possibly have done to cause this though?

Quote Reply
Things to check:

Be sure you are uploading the files in binary mode.

Also, for some servers it has not worked when placing images within the cgi-bin directory, is this where you are trying to save them?

Have you checked the FAQ for the fixes for the upload mod?

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/
Quote Reply
no, it is outside the cgi-bin...
How do I check if it is binary or not? actually it isn't putting any data at all on the server... the file it is putting there is an empty (zero file size) file

Quote Reply
If you can pm me your ftp/dbman login info I'll try to help you out. Im in the UK and its midnight so it will have to be tommorrow (unless someone gave the answer overnight).

Quote Reply
ummm strange ... binary or text uploading will only get a garbled file if it got uploaded. I have to upload text files in binary at times but you wouldn't get a 0k file.

like Paul suggested either have someone enter your server to see your dbman files and try a few practice uploads or at least post some of the code here so that other's can help you more.

good luck

Quote Reply
heh In reply to
I took the files off friends server and put them on my own server. It works perfectly. Ima say their web host sucks. He also has sendmail shut off somehow so that no email notification works. AND we cannot establish a ssh connection. I think their host os sabotaging them.

Quote Reply
Re: heh In reply to
glad you figured it out.