Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

problems editing search page on user friendly html.pl

Quote Reply
problems editing search page on user friendly html.pl
Hi,

I'm using JPDeni's short/long user-friendly html.pl and while I've managed to do most of what I want to do I am having one problem with the search page and html_view_search.

I need to include our look and feel which means placing the search options and add_record inside a table

Our databse is here http://www.boxplanet.com.au/cgi-bin/bp/recipes/db.cgi?db=default&uid=default

Ignore the search thing I'm trying to play with on the homepage.
The search page is at http://www.boxplanet.com.au/cgi-bin/bp/recipes/db.cgi?db=default&uid=default&view_search=1&order_mail=

While I've been plugging away and getting there with most of it I am really stuck on this. I have tried every way I can think of to get the search to work inside the table including hard coding the search options and add_record form in the sub html_view_search which worked in so far as it bought up the short display of the search results just fine but when I clicked to go to the long display all the fields were showing as blank.
I have gone back to the original search form and search options from the short/long friendly html.pl for now

Am I missing something?

The table I need to get the search into is below with the area where the search forms need to be indicated with <<<<<<<Search information here>>>>>>>

How do I modify the search form routine in this version of html.pl to get this to work properly? I had it working in the old html.pl but had to change to the short/long version and I can't get it running on this new html.pl file.

I only need it to search on Category or keyword, I don't need any of the other fields there from our add_record form.

<table border="0" width="620" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td width="140" valign="top">
<table border="0" width="140" bgcolor="#990000" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td height="11">
<table border="0" width="138" bgcolor="#CC9900" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td>
<table border="0" width="136" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td valign="top">
<p>|; &insert_nav; print qq|</p>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
<td width="5" valign="top" height="64">
<div align="center">
<p> </p>
</div>
</td>
<td width="475" valign="top" height="64"> <b><font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="4" color="#990000">Box
Planet Interactive Recipe Book</font></b><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">
</font><br>
<hr size="1" noshade>
<center>
<p><<<<<<<search information here>>>>>>>
</center>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

Thanks

Kylie
Quote Reply
Re: problems editing search page on user friendly html.pl In reply to
Kyles -
Are you (in effect) talking about having TWO different search criteria within your database ? For an example - I'm setting up a restaurant site which searches selected fields for just three criteria restaurant/town,city/county - my search options are stripped back to

sub html_search_options {
# --------------------------------------------------------
# Search options to be displayed at the bottom of search forms.
#

$submit_button="Search Bookameal";
$reset_button="Reset this Form";
print qq~
<P>
<$font><strong><center>Enter either Restaurant and town<br>Or restaurant and County<br>Or all three !! to search the Bookameal Database</strong> <br>
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="ww" value="checked">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" Name="so" value="descending">
</SELECT><br></font>
~;
}

Which is probably similar to what you want ?
You may need to write another sub_html_search_option subroutine if wanting TWO criteria ...
Your site looks great !!
Quote Reply
I need to see the problem. Can you put back the one that doesn't work correctly and let me know a search that doesn't come out right?

Also, I'll need to look at your html.pl file.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Thanks JPD, I'll get the problem back up on Monday. I'm taking a break from it for a couple of days -- I'm seiing double Smile

Snookey, I think in effect I do need two search options, one for category and one for keyword but first I just need to get the search form working in the table and then I'll worry about that, thanks for the kudos on the site, this part still needs lots of work but I'm getting there.

Kylie
Quote Reply
Re: [Kyles] problems editing search page on user friendly html.pl In reply to
Did you resolve this? I need to do something similar.
Quote Reply
Re: [rdub] problems editing search page on user friendly html.pl In reply to
What exactly is it that you want to do and what have you tried?

JPD
----------------------------------------------------
JPDeni's DBMan-ual
How to ask questions the smart way.