Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

list all on login problem with short/long

Quote Reply
list all on login problem with short/long
have been using the list all on login without any problems but realized i'm only using in situations where there is no link to long record. i'm using the following code in home:
$in{$db_key} = "*";
&view_records;
return;

when it displays the short records, the links to long record don't work. looking at debug info, i see that the view_records etc is missing from the link. so it returns an error. dbman doesn't understand... i can't figure out how to correct using the above code. so i've changed my link to the database to be the regular blah blah ... view_records=1&ID=* (which solves the problem). but i would like to solve the problem using the code in the home section so i don't bang my head against the wall for hours next time this issue crops up. i've looked thru everything i could find here and in FAQ. so if i've missed something please let me know! thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [delicia] list all on login problem with short/long In reply to
The sub &view_records is calling to display whatever you have within sub html_view_success which in turn calls your short display (sub html_record).

I'm confused do you have < A HREF="$long_url" > defined within your short display for those records ?

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/
Quote Reply
Re: [LoisC] list all on login problem with short/long In reply to
when i choose "list all" the short display links to the long just fine. but when view_records is called using the three lines in the sub home, the link to the long record doesn't contain view_records (i looked at the query string and all that stuff in debug info).

i think the problem is similar to the one in Short Long Display and Dynamic Links Problem posted by brianyork

if you look down his postings you'll see where he says the link doesn't have everything it should; but he's linking from short to long, to extra long. so i don't know if my fix would be similar to his

Last edited by:

delicia: Feb 3, 2008, 5:47 PM