Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

displaying new records as a linked url

Quote Reply
displaying new records as a linked url
I am new to dbman and I am sure somone may have answered my question. So here gos! I would like to have a link to each record in the database. For example, I would like to have a page that contains a link list of all open tickets. Is this feasible?

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: [dawg821] displaying new records as a linked url In reply to
Yep it's possible... how are you determining what constitutes an "open" record? You could either flag the records with a checkbox or use a date field, etc.

Also, are you using auto-generate?
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] displaying new records as a linked url In reply to
Hi Watts,

I have a Status field that is automatically set to "Open" whenever a new ticket is added. I am not using the auto-generate option.
Quote Reply
Re: [dawg821] displaying new records as a linked url In reply to
There's better and more compact ways to do this, but give this a shot... under html_record modify the html to read:

Code:
|; #stops the printing of the html and does the logic

if ($rec{'Status'} eq "Open") {
print qq|<A HREF="$db_script_link_url&modify_form=1&ID=$rec{'ID'}"> Get Record or someother wording</A>|;
} else {
print qq|Regular wording or non-linked stuff|;
}

#resumes the printing of the html
print qq|

use modify_form=1 to modify the record or view_records=1 to view... you'll have to play with the above link since you may not be using "ID" but at least you get the point of how it should work.
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] displaying new records as a linked url In reply to
Watts,

I am using the ID field. What I would like is a table like listing with the ID field as the url. I tried what you suggested and it does work!

Thanks--

fletch