Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

different info for default user

Quote Reply
different info for default user
i have come up with a solution for providing different info for default users compared to logged in users. i have looked but haven't seen this solution here so i thought i would offer it for use and/or comment.

after setting up the database for my registered users, i made a copy of the cfg file with a different name -- let's call them private.cfg and public.cfg for illustration. they use different .pass files for security purposes and different html files for layout and restricting info. the public.pass has only one user and that user has NO permissions. the public.cfg does not allow registrations. it calls a different html file that is set up to display only the info that i want to be revealed to default user. all links on website use this cfg.

our registered users have a link (via email or a password protected website directory) to the private.cfg. they must use this link to login and add, modify, or delete records.

this seems much easier to me than having lots of special subroutines in the html file.