Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

auth_user_field variable

Quote Reply
auth_user_field variable
found somne soultion to my previus post here at the faq section, the following code DOES keep the user login out of the text field however .. it also shows a no records found for that user when permissions are set to delete/modify own and view own!?!? this seems to be an odd problem that I wonder if anyone else has?

This is due to your having the $auth_user_field variable set incorrectly in your .cfg file. If you have a userid field in your database, set the $auth_user_field to the number of that field. If you do not have a userid field in your database, set the $auth_user_field to -1.

sidenote: when I use the -1 option and add a record on the "show record added form" there is no information entered and as I said before there is no way to modify this record or delete it cause it cant find the userid of the record holder!

Anyhow, as I posted before there seems to be a large number of routines not called in the script that i downloaded .. ie there is a signup routine but theres no link for it and when i add one in from the code in the faqs it sends me to an error logging in page, anyhow back to banging my head on the desk for a bit till a new problem arises, I thinkk this db is the coolest from the demos that I have seen running but Im having the worst luck with it, thanks again for any help that yu may offer.

Do you think that when i define the userid and keyfield that they should be:

a) The same field
b) hidden fields
Quote Reply
Re: auth_user_field variable In reply to
I would suggest going to JPDeni's DBMan Tutorial and reading through the section on setting permissions.

Going through the tutorials will really help you to understand what is happening and to get things setup correctly.

Unoffical DBMan FAQ
http://webmagic.hypermart.net/dbman/