Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

any anti spam mods for dbman?

Quote Reply
any anti spam mods for dbman?
I would like to know if there are any anti spam features or mods out there. What im looking for is something that will limit say a user from posting x amount of records... and I would like to see a feature for a delay post record... saying like that you can't post again... you must wait x time to post again...

also I was looking and i saw that there is some mod out there... BUT it will not work for me as it is for each user... but im using a defualt to let people to add a record... but wish to have some delay or some way to restrict them from posting more then x records...

Also is there any way to set up to record a persons ip address? in the log file? because without that its pretty useless to have a log file with defualt as a user who can add a record.

also is there a way to have a validate by say email? that would be nice too say that the person cant post a record until they get the email and click on a link to have there post so to speak validated... I think that would kind of help out for geting people to use a real email and or kind of to stop spamers...

I love this database i think its one of the best :) i have about 3 set up right now for this new clan/club thing i got going...

http://Online3lite.cjb.net

any code or feedback would be nice Smile also email code that would work also email it to me.

Thx
Quote Reply
Re: [drutort] any anti spam mods for dbman? In reply to
By anti spam are you referring to displaying their email address or posting too many records? For emailing to prevent spamming from your database you can use the private email mod.

Without having a user signup it would be difficult to limit the number of records they can add.

There is a thread in the FAQ noted below regarding storing a user's ip address.

There is a validation mod available in the resource center and also referenced in the FAQ. You can also use the secure password mod which would send a user an email and provide them with their password, but this also requires the signup process to be working.

Perhaps you should spend some time reviewing all the various mods written for DBMan and also scanning through thread references in the FAQ to see what options are available and how they will best work for your project.

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/
Quote Reply
Re: [LoisC] any anti spam mods for dbman? In reply to
ya I know about some of the mods... all the other things above i was just asking... but I would just like to stay with the defualt and let everyone to only view and add a record...

So the only ones that I would really need is to record the ip and some how add a delay between record posting...

Can anyone write some code for dbman to have a delay say for a specified user... which in my case is just the defualt to have a delay after some functions such as add or modify and stuff...

I dont think it would be hard to have a delay would it?