Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

add new field - Help!

Quote Reply
add new field - Help!
Hello. I need to add 3 or 4 more fields to my already programmed "new" database so I can start adding entries. I've searched the archives and I'm not sure how to go about it.

Are the mods in Links2 also for DBMan or another script entirely? I tried editing the html.pl and when I refreshed the page the new field addition was not there. I tried experimenting with only one new field and figured if that worked, I would add the others the same way, but came up empty!!

Is it as simple as "cut and paste" and are there multiple places to modify the script in order for the new fields to show up??

Thanks so much for anyone's help. I need to get these entries in tonight.
Quote Reply
Re: add new field - Help! In reply to
I recently added fields to my db.. unfortunately.. I had to re-enter the entire database again.. (thankfully I only had 20 or so records).. I believe this was because the other files weren't saved with these fields in them already.. It caused all sorts of errors..
So I just made a backup of my db.. then re-entered the information again..

To do this.. you will have to add the fields to your .cfg file.. the record form in your html.pl and in the record section for viewing..

I hope you don't have a huge db..

On the other hand.. maybe someone has come up with a way to do this without so much work?

Good Luck Smile

------------------
-----------
millsie :)

A smile a day...
keeps the viri' away.
Quote Reply
Re: add new field - Help! In reply to
Thanks Millsie!! Your telling me the pages enabled me to look deep - found the lines - got it fixed.