Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

abbreviated list_all

Quote Reply
abbreviated list_all
I've been testing dbman for a couple of weeks now, You gotta love it. I'm learning alot and dreaming this stuff. So here goes a request; I'm interested in adding another link in the main menu which will display an abreviated list of fields. The new link would show only field1, field4, field7, field11. The list all link will still perform as usual. I think I only need to make a change in the sub html_footer pointing to a new html_record. Am I right or should I go back to sleep? Smile Any ideas on how to get this to work?
Quote Reply
Re: abbreviated list_all In reply to
There has been much discussion of short and long -- or short and detailed -- displays of the results of a search in the DBMan Installation Forum. In a nutshell, the idea is to make a separate html_record_short subroutine with the fields you want to show and on one of the fields build a URL to the full record display.

You would probably want to point to the short display within your html_view_success subroutine. I use the short version if there's only one record returned from a search.

------------------
JPD