Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

What good is the multiple select field

Quote Reply
What good is the multiple select field
Eliot, You've done some good stuff with this multiple select.

I may implement it but I need to know if its capabilities are as I assume. You can add modify and delete but cant search. OK lets say I have 3 fields. 1. Company, 2. State, 3. whatever. I would be able to add a company and that company is in 5 different states so I could select all 5 states and add it. But then someone wants to go and do a search and I have a different select box that only allows them to select one state for the search. They choose Indiana and that was one of the multiple selections used during the add, so they receive the correct record. Is this correct? The multiple select would then basically put all the values selected in one field seperated by commas so a search on one of these values will find that record?

If this is correct I'll use it now.

Craig
Quote Reply
Re: What good is the multiple select field In reply to
The "good" of the Mod is that it allows you to select multiple values for fields when adding and modifying records (which is quite useful to DBMAN users). Carol did give some codes awhile back (which I just posted today in another Thread) that is supposed to allow the multiple select field to work in the search forms as well...But I couldn't get it to work.

BTW: For the search form, I use the regular fancy_select_mod that Carol wrote awhile back and checkboxes.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

[This message has been edited by Eliot (edited November 11, 1999).]