Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Weird problem after adding field.

Quote Reply
Weird problem after adding field.
Hi all, I've got a weird problem after I added a drop-down list field. When I add a record, the new field lists my username instead of the information I selected from the list box. However, if I go back and modify the record, re-select the data from the new drop-down box and click "modify record" it saves it corectly! I'm stumped... any ideas!?

Swannie
Quote Reply
Re: Weird problem after adding field. In reply to
Make sure that you add the new field space into your existing database file before adding new records or modifying them.

There is a script in the Resource Center that adds new field spaces (delimiter and default value) into existing databases.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Yeah, I tried that, I have the correct amount of fields, and I tripple checked everything to make sure I didn't leave out a semicolon or something. I'm really stumped!! Smile
Quote Reply
What other Mods or changes have you made to your DBMAN system OTHER than adding a new field?

Regards.

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
No mods at all... what really baffels me is that it inserts the username in it when I first enter it, but when I go back and modify the form it takes the real data. weird...

Swannie
Quote Reply
Its amazing how a good nights sleep will reveal what an idiot I am. Smile I had the auth_user_field set to the same field as the one I was just adding. Oops.. Smile

Thanks for your help, though!

Swannie