Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Viewing with IE5

Quote Reply
Viewing with IE5
I'm experiencing a viewing problem with IE5 on everyone's DBMan. All of the text becomes crunched together after scrolling. Has anyone else experienced this? Everything is fine in Netscape.
Quote Reply
Re: Viewing with IE5 In reply to

Quote:
I'm experiencing a viewing problem with IE5 on everyone's DBMan.

What do you mean? Have you checked out everyone's DBMAN sites?

Quote:
All of the text becomes crunched together after scrolling. Has anyone else experienced this?

Could you provide an example link?

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Thanks for your reply.
Try this page:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/dbman/db.cgi
Quote Reply
Don't see what you are talking about. Which text is becoming crunched? (Yes, I am using MIE 5.0 and I don't see what you are talking about.)

How about you save the page that is giving you problems as a HTML file (example.html), put it on your server, and then provide the URL to this example file, so we can see it??

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
I use IE 5.0..

This problem doesn't just occur with dbman.. You'll find (with time) you will suffer the same problem with other cgi sites also..

After emailing Microsoft.. they said (as you would expect) it was the graphics card that I was using.. not thier product..

I replied saying I didn't have a problem viewing cgi sites in other browsers.. (Netscape).. and 3 months down the track.. still no response...

I wonder why this is? Smile

------------------
-----------
millsie :)

A smile a day...
keeps the viri' away.
Quote Reply
even mentioning any MS products(especially IE) with bugs will start an avalanche of replies.

But you know, after all MS is always right NOT!

[This message has been edited by DarinB (edited November 09, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Love is Hate. War is Peace. Windows is Stable.

------------------
donm
All those who believe in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Quote Reply
Not that it really helps the discussion any, but I've been told by tech support types not to install IE5 because it is a very buggy product.

Furthermore, I have checked with 5 different computers running 9 different installations (over time) of IE 4.x and they all displayed the exact same page drastically differently! I hold toilet paper in higher regard.

Dan