Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Viewing all fields after Configurator

Quote Reply
Viewing all fields after Configurator
Not sure why I can't find an answer to this by searching but...
After using the Configurator only the fields that have been filled in are displayed when viewing records. I would like to be able to see all of the fields.

I am guessing that it has something to do with the mods made to the html.pl file but all the changes I have tried result in Internal Server Errors. Can someone point me in the right direction as to how to alter my config to be able to view all of the fields.

Quote Reply
Re: Viewing all fields after Configurator In reply to
When you went into the configurator, the last screen before you download the files (the one with all the paths) I believe has a checkmark asking "Skip Blank Fields?". If this is checked, it will print only fields that have been filled out. I'm not sure where exactly this variable is, but I'm going to place an educated guess that it's somewhere in the .cfg file.

Regards,

Michael DeLong
Quote Reply
I have gone into the Configurator and done separate files with each option selected and they both hide the fields that have not been filled in.

After some more tinkering I have figured it out - it involves editing the print qq calls in the html.pl files in the sub html_record routine.

Quote Reply
During the process of using the configurator I believe you have the choice of displaying blank fields or not.

You must have chosen the option of NOT displaying blank fields {smile}

Glad you have it working now !

Unoffical DBMan FAQ
http://webmagic.hypermart.net/dbman/