@auth_default_permissions = (1,0,0,0,0);
@auth_signup_permissions = (1,2,1,1,0);
$auth_modify_own = 1;
$auth_view_own = 0;

If i chabge The
$auth_view_own = 1;
So login users can view own instead of Search
the Defoult Users search displays no records
How can i fix this so yusers can view only own records when they log in but Default users can search for all records?

Quote Reply
Re: [classic] View Modify Own Record In reply to
In Reply To:
@auth_signup_permissions = (1,2,1,1,0);
In your permissions I don't believe you should have a "2". I should be either 1 or 0 (true/false, yes/no, on/off, etc).

In Reply To:
How can i fix this so yusers can view only own records when they log in but Default users can search for all records?
As far as the viewing goes, my experience has been that you can't have it both ways... but with some hacking you could come up with some modified permissions based on log in, or user id. Do a search and see what you come up with. You'll be looking for something like "$per_view" or something. Also check out the resources section under "Support". You'll find a lot of useful items there as well. I know this has been addressed before in this forum, you may want to spend some time (I know, time is money) browsing the posts for the last two months and see if there is an answer already.

Good luck.

If I remember which post it was, I'll put the link on here.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...%20record%22;#157106 here is the post, it's about logging in but it has to do with the same permission set up you wanted.

Last edited by:

Watts: Nov 29, 2001, 12:22 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] View Modify Own Record In reply to
The 2 is fine i use jpd number of record mod
Quote Reply
Re: [classic] View Modify Own Record In reply to
I suppose the culprit is this line in db.cgi:

($restricted = 1) if ($_[0] eq "view" and $auth_view_own and !$per_admin);

This restricts searches if $auth_view_own has a value and if the user does NOT have admin permissions.

Maybe this would work instead:

($restricted = 1) if ($_[0] eq "view" and $auth_view_own and !$per_admin and ($db_userid ne "default"));
kellner