Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Verification of new users

Quote Reply
Verification of new users
Hi! I was wondering whether anyone can help me with this modification? What I would like to have when users signup for thier accounts, is to add a random number which is hidden from their view but is submitted when they signup. This number would then be added into the .pass file.

But once they signup, they don't have immediate access to the database, ie they can't add. They will need the number that was generated to log in together with thier username and password. But they will only need to enter the number once. Subsequent loggin in will only require them to use thier username and password.

The re4ason why I need this number is because, I would like my users to choose thier own username and password but would like to be able to verify their email address. Currently I'm using the secure password mod with the modification that it would allow the user to choose thier own password. Also, once they signup, they will be forced to add a new record and can only add one record per user.

Thanks in advance.

Julian
Quote Reply
Re: Verification of new users In reply to
I know there was someone who did something similiar to this before. At least with being able to verify a user before they could add records.

Have you by any chance check the FAQ noted below under "Admin"? I'm sure you will find the referenced thread there. If not, you will find other ideas of how to make something work the way you want.

Hope this helps

Unoffical DBMan FAQ
http://webmagic.hypermart.net/dbman/
Quote Reply
Re: Verification of new users In reply to
I know I saw it in this forum before but when I tried every single possible permutation to search for the thread, I just can't seem to find it! Urrgghh! I looked at your site before I posted my question and I did not find it.

Julian