Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Validation

Quote Reply
Validation
In any of my databases using the same db.cgi, when someone goes to validate, they chose the record and everything alright but when you click validate record, it pulls up an error 500. But the record was validated! Anyone have any ideas on this one? my db.cgi is at http://www.gembassy.com/data/db.txt and the html.pl is at http://www.gembassy.com/data/html.txt

Quote Reply
Re: Validation In reply to
I would double check the subroutines you added...make sure that you have print &html_headers; at the top of the sub.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
They are there. It just started randomly the other day. Should i made the db.cgi with all the mods again and install it? Or can you please check them out and see if you see any problems. It think the problem is in db.cgi somewhere.

Quote Reply
Ok another update to that one.

There are 5 databases using that same db.cgi

3 of them do not validate correctly. 1 does! and the last doesnt use the validate mod.

It seems to have some problem calling the validate_success subroutine, but only when its with the 3 databases.

I copied the entire html.pl over, and just inserted the correct HTML record and HTML Record Form, and it still doesnt work. I am going to try tomorrow just rebuiding those two sub's from scratch.

Any other ideas? What exactly does the validate mod do? what would make it act liek that? possibly the db_setup?

Thanks

Quote Reply
If you have multiple database using the same db.cgi, you should really use different .cfg and html.pl files for each database...that is probably your problem. The script is probably getting confused with which database to validate the record properly.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Um....Ok. I didnt know you could use the same config and html files, but even if you can, why would you want too?

I already have different cfg, count, log, db, and html files for each database.