Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Validate MOD/Add Permission MOD/No search results

Quote Reply
Validate MOD/Add Permission MOD/No search results
I've added the validate mod and the add permission mod to a database. When I log in as a user who has the member permission, and I go to click the validate link, I get the "no search results" page. However, when I'm logged in as an admin, I'm fully capable of validating records, etc. In case you're wondering, I have gone in and changed all references to admin in the validation mod to $per_mem. Might the problem be that I have missed a few?

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Michael DeLong
Quote Reply
Re: Validate MOD/Add Permission MOD/No search results In reply to
Doesn't anyone know the answer?

Michael DeLong
Quote Reply
Should I post the script's files?

Michael DeLong
Quote Reply
I haven't used the add permission mod yet, so I am not familiar with it. I would suggest using the search feature of the forum and looking up any and all thread references for that mod.

I make this a practice whenever I use any mod, so that I'm aware of any problems or special modification to the mods being used. It's amazing how many times you will find the solutions before you know there is a problem by first viewing all the related threads.

You may also want to check the FAQ noted below under "Admin" as the thread references may be available there.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Also did you add each mod individually and check to be sure it was working before adding the next? Or did you add both at the same time?

Carefully follow the directions for each mod again and again and be sure you didn't miss anything or have a typo. When I've done this it has solved problems for me Smile

Unoffical DBMan FAQ
http://webmagic.hypermart.net/dbman/
Quote Reply
Actually, I have done all of what you have suggested. I know what the problem is (most likely it's a typo on my part), but I can't find it. Should I post the code?

Regards,

Michael DeLong