Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

User name keeps popping into a field

Quote Reply
User name keeps popping into a field
I searched all of the posts and the only thing I could try was to re-do the database from scratch.

I have one field that when ever i type in information into it, it always get overwritten with the username that i am using when i search for it afterwards. Does anyone know a fix or has anyone ever experienced this before?
Quote Reply
Re: [kaykills] User name keeps popping into a field In reply to
Since it is the user name specifically, I will hazard a guess that the setting in the config file points to the wrong field.

Code:
# Auth user field. This is the field position in the database used for storing
# the userid who owns the record. Set to -1 if not used.
$auth_user_field = 9;

This happened to me when I added a field in the middle of the database and forgot to change the field number for the Auth user field. Please recall that field numbering starts at 0.
Quote Reply
Re: [joematt] User name keeps popping into a field In reply to
so what yo uare saying is that if it doesn't matter what user posts the record, then i can set it to -1 and my problem should go away?
Quote Reply
Re: [kaykills] User name keeps popping into a field In reply to
Change it to -1, sure if you do not need to know who owns the record, yes that is fine.

Just don't plan on using these other 2 options as they require a userID somewhere in the record.

Code:
# Registered users: can modify/delete _only_ own records. For this to make
# sense you should set default off or to 1,0,0,0.
$auth_modify_own = 0;

# Registered users: can view _only_ own records. For this to make sense
# you should turn off default permissions.
$auth_view_own = 0;

I suggest you keep track of who owns the record, have a field to store the owner's userID and set the value correctly.

But then I'm just wierd that way. Crazy Do what ever you want. Smile