Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Time booking system ...

Quote Reply
Time booking system ...
 My expertise in perl is just two days. i managed to install DBman without hassel . and to add

som words . now i want to develop booking system for an appointments att diferent specified times.

ex. at 10.00 , 10.20 ., at 20 minutes interval t0 12.00 , and goes on each working day , weeks !

do you have any idea how i can do the task done without pain ?

2, May i allowed to replace the subfunction Sub html_record _form{

with auto generate =off .

I wanted to build a form on fly when the user chooses to add a record. This form will use an external pre defined data to build the form. here i may open the data file with perl procedures, to read from external file and manipulate it.

THE REASON WHY I AM USING EXTERNAL FILE IS FOR JUST VALIDATION PURPOSE . (for booking system i have in mind ) THE MAIN DATA IS GOING TO BE SAVED IN THE MAIN DATA FILE AS PREDIFINED IN DB.CGI .

3, must i create a nes html.pl file for my external file ? if yes ? why ?

4, may i add a delete function or use the delete record function which built in dbman to delete an external

data file . It is possible i guess .....

thanks for help

dat file .
Quote Reply
Re: [mikael-g] Time booking system ... In reply to
Hi,

Each record will be a appointment?

2) Yes, Ensure that you have an approximate .def file. For example, booking.def which define your appointment data structure(i.e. how many fields in a row, type of fields and how fields are separated).

3) No or Yes. Having new html.pl, you will have new format and design for displaying

4) No, DBMan has this function

Hope that helps

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog