Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Switching db's

Quote Reply
Switching db's
I have 3 db's with a single .pass and auth directory. My db's are in seperate folders.
I also have the Session Cookie Mod working perfectly which allows me to switch with no problems between db's.

How can it be done without the cookie? Just in case someone doesn't like the cookie, they still wouldn't have to log in every time they switch.

Thanks!
Adam

Quote Reply
Re: Switching db's In reply to
anr:

I feel like I'm constantly sending people to the FAQ noted below, but I did reference many threads of questions people would be looking for answers for.

If you check under "Multi and Relational Databases" you will find various threads on linking between databases. I use a good alternative which is listed under the topic "Extended Page Headers" switching between databases.

Hope this helps

Unoffical DBMan FAQ
http://webmagic.hypermart.net/dbman/
Quote Reply
Re: Switching db's In reply to
LoisC:

Thanks for the help! I have visited the FAQ you listed many many times. It's a great resource, and actually the place I now go before searching the forum. When I was looking for my issue, I ended up passing over the "Extended Page Header"...I guess I should have looked a little harder Smile

Anyway, that does help! And the answer really makes a whole lot of sense. If you have this: uid=$db_uid in the url then it's going to log right in the other db.

Again, thanks for the help and the great FAQ.

Adam