Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Switch db's w/o relogging in...

Quote Reply
Switch db's w/o relogging in...
Can someone please tell me how to do this? I couldnt find what I needed in the FAQ.

Once a user logs in to the main database, they receive the html_home page which tells them what their permissions are and gives them the footer so they can navigate. On the footer, I have an edit profile which links to the modify form in my users.db. When someone clicks on the edit profile button, the users.db asks them to re-login in. I dont want this, but I cant change the authentication options in my users.cfg for other reasons. So I need it to be that the users can switch back and forth from each database without having to re-login each time they switch. Here is the link that they click on to go to the users modify form.

$db_script_url?db=users&modify_form=1&uid=$uid&$db_key=*

I was instructed to put in the uid=$uid due to database recognizing the username and password problems.
Is there anything that I can put in the link or anything else I can change so the user can bypass the users.db login page and go straight to the modify form? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [wdu2002] Switch db's w/o relogging in... In reply to
In the link you need to use:

&uid=$db_uid

not: &uid=$uid

The examples using the above are in both set of instructions for using the mod.

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/
Quote Reply
Re: [LoisC] Switch db's w/o relogging in... In reply to
You'll have to have both databases use the same username/password file. Otherwise switching won't work.
kellner