Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Security on hidden field

Quote Reply
Security on hidden field
Do we have a simple solution to this? I have a database which uses to sign up participants on a first-come-first-served basis.

The sign up time is a hidden field that would be displayed when admin logs in only. But one can modify the html, change the value of the hidden field, submit the form and pretend that s/he has signed up on time.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Security on hidden field In reply to
In db.cgi, sub add_record, after

Code:
($auth_user_field >= 0) and ($in{$db_cols[$auth_user_field]} = $db_userid);

you can add

Code:
$in{'Time'} = &get_time;

That way the time is set at the time the record is actually added to the database. (Be sure to change Time to the actual name of your field.)

You can do something similar with &get_date.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
JPD: I really appreciate your help. You are always so helpful to us.

For our case, a user inputs his/her personal info. the first time s/he logs on. Once there are experiments annoucement, s/he can come back and sign up for experiments. It's the sign up time that we want to record to achieve a first-come-first-served basis. That means I am asking if DBman can record different times & dates when certain fields ( different experiments waiting for sign up) of a record are modified.
Quote Reply
I don't understand. (I seem to be saying that a lot these days! Smile )

I think you may have to have separate databases for the personal info and the experiments, although I'm not completely certain.

------------------
JPD