Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Searching question...

Quote Reply
Searching question...
Hi! I was wondering if anyone knows of a way of doing the following search in DBMan? I'm using the short/long mod as well. Basically, I have certain fields which I wish users to search upon: Category(select list), Type(select list), text field.

The text field would actually be a combination of 2 of my fields which are Question and Answer. therefore when the user eneters any value into the generic text field, the database will search the values in both question and answer fields. Also, the search must also be able to search for the value entered not only in the Question and answer fields but also in the category or/and type field.

For example, in my search form it will have 3 fields displayed:
Category:(select list)
Type:(selct list)
Search:(text field that will search the values enter in Question and Answer)

hence when the user say enters the words "password or username" in Search and select one option of the Category and one option from the type and clicks on the button Search. It will return only records that have username or password in the Category and Type chosen. Am I making sense? Basically it is somthing like what this forum search is. The users selcts from a couple of drop-down box and enter some words and search. then the search will only return the relevant records.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you.

Julian