Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Records duplicates on reload

Quote Reply
Records duplicates on reload
Hi,

After adding a new record, the "new record added" screen appears. OK. So to the thing that bugs me: When the reload button on my browser is pressed (while the "new record added" screen is still visible) the current newly added record duplicates in the .db file. This can be repeated over and over again making multiple copies of the record in the .db file. Can this unwanted duplication of records be prevented by the "limit the number of records"-mod? Or are there any other - probably better - solutions to the problem?

-Yob Angie

Quote Reply
Re: Records duplicates on reload In reply to
In Reply To:
Can this unwanted duplication of records be prevented by the "limit the number of records"-mod?
I don't think so....

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
I noticed this doesn't happen to me with the database where I have the userid as the key field. It will just come back with an error saying the record has already been added instead.

For other databases, I believe I posted a note saying NOT to hit the reload button should it appear after adding a record.

I know you can setup your META tags to not cache the page which will help to prevent this, but that tag is only recognized by Netscape and ignored by Internet Explorer.

So I do believe that limiting additions to one depending on whether the field is userid does help to prevent duplicate listings.

Hope this helps :)

Quote Reply
As long as you have a counter as the key value for the records, I don't know how this can be prevented.

Is there any other field that you can be sure will be unique to each record which you could use as a key field?

JPD